Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Where does this note find you?

I have eaten way too much cookies, etc.  Christmas isn't even here yet and I can feel the sugar pulsating in my body.  Right now my room is has presents all over, I almost broke my face (yes that is a term I can use) stepping on one of the boxes when I walked in my room the other day.   It is open confession time, yup its true, I am a Celine Dion fan.  Its true its true, before you choose to never speak to me again, hang on just a bit longer.

There are tons of Christmas songs out there, seriously how many times can we redo away in a manger, anywho I was listening to a Christmas CD the other day in which my favorite song "O Holy Night" was being sung by yes you guessed it, CD (that is Celine Dion for your normal folk).  It was as if the Lord put his hand on my worries, thoughts, concerns, fears and said  "shhh can you hear it? can you hear the beauty in the moment of when my Son was born into the world?"  There is a sweetness to the season of Christmas, it comes from a divine night that we celebrate, a divine life that would come to reconcile us to an Almighty God.  The Power of God in the sweet soft breath of a newborn child.  May the Lord breathe upon you and your family during this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment