Thursday, December 2, 2010

Great Googaly its December!

So I had my first cup of egg nog last night, ahhhh...that is a sign that Christmas is near.  I dont know what it is about egg nog that makes it all just come back to me, but whamo, shabamo it does.  What's your moment that brings Christmas back to you?  There begins to be this anticipation for something large to come, for a special time of closeness, warmth and wholeness.  For many this season brings the opposite, many it speaks to them of what they didn't or can't have.   Be it posessions, friends, a job, etc. 

I'm reminded of when Jesus speaks to the woman at the well and He tells her that if she knew who it was who was asking her the question everything would change.  This is a great opportunity for us as believers this season, a hug, a smile, a gift, a moment to say "Jesus truly loves you" While the world screams to people what they can't have or dont have, Jesus came to offer LIFE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment