Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Meeting up

Coffee.....bagel.....slowly...eating...mmmmm.  A nice tasty bagel, coffee and slumping down in your cubicle at work.  Today unlike yesterday is sunny outside, tons of leaves falling.  Its pretty cool where I live because the leaves almost cover your entire car when you come out of the house in the morning.  A few months back I had put a post on my facebook, (which I no longer have) and it talked about what we have gotten used to as Christians. 

For example we have gotten used to the idea that we are alone in our lives, sure we go to church, pray, read the bible, but there seems to be that nagging feeling that we just aren't up to snuff.  That really God is waiting for us to just get it, then we can finally know Him.  One of the areas I think we have gotten used to that is highly dangerous is the thought that if we don't keep up our end of the "bargain" with God we are on the "bad" list.  Why?  Romans states that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.  Is Gods faithfulness contingent upon His character or ours?  I am definitely not saying that we aren't to walk in obedience, etc.  What I am saying is that there is a connection to God that cannot be broken.  I wake up and spend my time praying, and seeking God, but really....I wake up and He is seeking me.  All the time He is seeking my heart, my affections, my hurts, hopes and dreams.  To put our desires our hopes in the dumpster is to throw away part of how God has made us.  Read this sentence slowly, "God loves you right now, right where you are at, He isn't waiting for you to be better, He loves you, He has plans for you, He is conforming you into the likeness of His Son, He delights in you.  Scripture says He will rejoice over you with singing and quiet you with His love. 

Could God the creator of all things?  Be the one seeking us out?  Could He be wanting a deep relationship with us?  Could that be His main focus?  Too good to be true?  What have we gotten used to?  Who wants to meet up with who.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you said, I wake up to seek God but really he is the one seeking me... Jesus Rocks!

    ReplyDelete