Friday, November 12, 2010

Come on in

Its seems to be easy when we have guests coming over to answer the door.  We know they are coming and have made the preparation, made our house look good, thrown all the "stuff" in the closet or bathroom or where ever we think they wont go.  In a devotional I received this morning it talked about Jesus standing at the door of our hearts and knocking.  We can answer the door, feeling good about him coming in, but maybe to just a certain point.

He goes gently over to the door that has the "stuff" behind it.  We quickly bring up how nice our living room looks, he responds "yes I know, I healed you there remember?"  His very turf or area that he has brought his healing hand to we sometimes will take credit for or forget that He was the one to heal us.  Are we willing to open that closet door?  Can we trust Jesus to handle our deepest hurts and fears?  I know that I am very quick to want to divert him to different rooms, but really unless I allow him into those areas, I'm not allowing Him to be ALL that He wants to be to me.  It can be scary, stir up pain, but there is a reason and a purpose behind his question, and His question is "Will you let me heal you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment