Friday, November 19, 2010

Everyone else...bad drivers

Ever heard someone say, man people here in (insert state or city) have no clue how to drive?  It truly is amazing how we hear that everywhere and we can say that with such confidence.  Today while driving around for work a guy was tailgating me, he kept "throwing his hands up in the air", I mean this guy was a great mime!  Only I don't think I would allow him around children, he didn't seem very nice.  After a few seconds of him doing this I wondered to myself, uh...what's you're deal dude?  I'm just driving here, take a chill pill. 

It became a battle of wits (my imagination vs what he was displaying).  Oh for all of you to be a fly on the wall of my brain....OK maybe not a good image.  My point being is this, how quickly I took on someone Else's deal or problem.  In life we will be going about our days and someone else will come along and "waive their hands in the air", tell you to "get out of the way".  We take it personal, if you are like me, our response is "What!!! do you know who you are talking to?" 

When we think we are in charge of making life happen for ourselves, making the world spin, we can freak out on just about anyone or anything.  We quickly realize we can barely do anything by ourselves, we weren't meant to.  We weren't meant to.  "In Him we live and move and have our being"- Acts 17:28.   Next time we see "the worst driver in the US" before us or behind us, may it remind us, that we live and move and have our being in Christ.  I pray that the man behind me today in traffic comes to know the Life of Christ, was I mad? um yes...but that doesn't mean that He is less worthy of the Love of God.   What a day.  Tonight I see my best friend.  Have a good Friday my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment