Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Our footing

Yesterday brought an unexpected event, while walking down the stairs at my sisters I quickly realized my footing was not "sure". Wearing dress socks and walking down carpeted stairs in the dark was a recipe for disaster.

I managed to cover almost every square inch of each stair with some part of my body as I came sliding, bopping, bouncing down. My response?.... ouch.

Having sure footing was crucial, especially when navigating in the dark. For us as believers having the understanding of sure footing is crucial. As the song goes, "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand."

Here is the great part of the idea of footing with Christ, HE enables us to have the footing we so desperately need. I can't put on my boots to climb the stairs of life by myself, if I try, I end up at the bottom of the stairs, ouch. Stay with me here but we have been given heavenly gear, armor, call it what you will. God doesn't call us anywhere that he doesn't equip us.

There are times that we dont know which way is up or down, but we do know who created up and down. I once heard this quote and it has stuck with me. We dont need greater faith, but rather a greater understanding of who we put our faith in. To conclude, we fall, we get back up, God teaches us, always always always teaches us, it is always for our good when He teaches us.

Maybe, just maybe, God still has a suprise or two up his sleeve, He's not finished with me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment