Friday, August 6, 2010

Listening

When I normally think of prayer I dont think of listening as much as I think of speaking. But if prayer is just me talking to God, or asking asking asking, where does that leave me? As if God were a vending machine that I go to? Yesterday one of my best friends reminded me that God only knows what we need, He only knows and He desires to give us that.

What we need isn't always what we want, but we assume thats a bad thing. When I was a kid I wanted to eat dog food, why? I have no clue, I thought it was what I wanted, I think too many times we are looking to get dog food, instead of God food. ;) The Lord is our Shepherd we shall not be in want. Allow God to challenge your thoughts of who He is today, eternal life is now. Abundant life is now, when you woke up this morning, God loved you, when you got to work, God loved you. As you read this God loves you. Christ is in you, the HOPE of glory. Let us keep our eyes on His face, His hand will guide us. For us to be willing to let go of our desires doesn't mean that God will squash them, its being willing, that is the key. Willing and wanting are two different things. Remember, we shall not be in want.

No comments:

Post a Comment