Thursday, August 19, 2010

Comparing

The other day I had a thought, as I thought about that thought it really made me think :). Anyways I was thinking about how we compare ourselves to everything around us. To the people, what they look like, what they have or dont have. Then we move on to even surroundings, we compare ourselves to the surroundings, "do I fit in here?" "Is this a spot for me?" Why is the standard always something else?

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to father but through me. There is so much in this verse that we could dig into, but look at 3 words. Way, Truth, Life. When we compare our life with His Way, Truth and Life, we should see the only comparable solution to what we are looking for. We weren't made to compare ourselves even to each other, only to Christ, and the way we compare, or should I say relate to Christ is as His Children, so we can be adults with the world. Money, prestige, power, social status all compared to knowing Christ is as paul said rubbish. Let us be free to walk in who Christ has called us to be. To know we are loved and to let the world feel the awesome weight of that Love. Don't walk in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment