Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fighting

Well this tags onto my last post, fighting. I had mentioned areas that we sometimes aren't open to recieving from God. Another way to put it is how have we learned to fight off love? But maybe we dont see it as love, we have learned to cope, to keep "safe".

True freedom in Christ is allowing Him full access into your life, a HUGE part of that is allowing His love to saturate you. Sometimes we have hurt so bad in the past by someone or something, that we set out our guard dogs, no one would dare come to that area of our lives, and we learn to live life in self protect mode. A good friend of mine told me recently, or asked me this question, "Are you willing to put down your shield and allow God to be your shield?" Sometimes we fight the very thing or in this case the very hand that can and wants to heal and restore us. No more, oh thats just my personality or the way I am. He came to make all things new. In Him we live move and have our being.

Think about what you "feel" that will always be an issue, guess what? Its not your job to fix you, rest in the Grace of God. He can and will come through for you, beyond what you could ever imagine. Live Life my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment