Tuesday, February 1, 2011

In the Zone

Ever zoned out before?  Maybe its with a friend or in school or at work, hopefully not driving.  But you find yourself completely in a different frame of thinking and it could be for just 1 second but its enough to make you feel a disconnect from what ever is in front of you or around you.  I've done this, be it in a church service, etc.  There are times when sports figures are at their best, they are "in the zone", nothing can stop them, they seem to just be a natural at what they are doing. 

Consider this, there are times when we don't "Feel" like we are in the zone with the Lord and what He has called us to do.  Here is an important truth, Galatians 2:20 "For I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me, the Life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me."  We are in "the zone" with a new nature and we are new creations, it would be one thing for me to try to go out and put on a show of being a football player when I would get crushed!  Its not in my makeup to be a football player.  What is in my makeup and in yours if you have trusted Christ as your savior and king, is that we are children of God, He makes us be able to say to this mountain move and it will move.  We are made to walk out the character of God to the world.  Christian you are in the zone whether you believe it or not.  God said it  "It is finished".  "Paid in Full" you are in the zone.  Walk as Children of Light, walk after the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment