Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It seems to me...

It seems to me that snow throws peoples world off its balance.  There are reactions of many that act as if they have never seen snow or even more so know what to do in it.  Have you ever been somewhere nice and comfortable when it snows?  Maybe a cabin?  A house in the woods?  When you go outside what do you hear?  Silence?  Little animals?  The icy drops of precipitation cascading down from the edge of the rooftop?  For me, I hear peace, we listen so much with our ears for everything that we forget to listen with our hearts in matters of the heart and of the Lord.  Yes God has spoken to people audibly but most of the time in scripture I find that God speaks into peoples hearts.  When things happen in the natural we tend to just write them off as just that, "natural".  Frozen rain falling slowly from the sky creating a beauty that man can't?  What about snowmakers you ask?  Are you kidding?  Snowmakers?  There is nothing beautiful or creative in that.   All creation cries out Holy, it cries out a significant point of Gods pure handiwork.  Snow my friends, isnt just a neat thing, its created by God, its a way of Him saying "Shhhh....calm yourselves, listen to my heart for you and this world"  There is a wonder and an awe of looking across a field covered in snow, if we could see through the Lords eyes, that same wonder, covers us, we are his handiwork.   My prayer is that when God is moving and showing himself all around us, that we will be spectators at the wonder of His touch.    Snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment