Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall is here

Leaves are changing, what a great time of beauty, the forest and trees and vibrant in color. For many of us, what we see outside doesn't match what we see or "feel" inside. Today as I got in my car to drive to work I stopped and just looked at creation all around me. It was a peaceful moment, seasons bring change, it reminds me of different ups and downs in my life.


For some this can be a season of great joy because it has to do with an event that brings great joy, for others this can be the start of a season that reminds you of loneliness, pain and heartache. I think about the woman at the well in scripture, each day was a "season" for her, she walked by herself to a far off well to get water. Each day reminding her off who she thought she was, how people viewed her, etc. For her, it could have been fall or spring, etc but it was a season of being alone. Here is where Jesus meets her, He meets her on her turf. He replaces her old day to day experience with a new one, not just any experience, but one of LIFE. Remember what he offers her?

My prayer today is that each of us would see the Lord bringing LIFE into areas of us that we are "alone". I believe that God's faithfulness is shown in its splendor when we are facing the eye of the storm and we hear a voice call out "Peace be still". Allow Him to lead you through those times, its in those times He whispers...."I AM".

No comments:

Post a Comment